Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sinus Infection Treatments

The first thing a lot of people think about, when they start having sinus trouble is going to the doctor and getting an antibiotic.  Naturally, they want to feel better quickly, so normal activities can resume.  Unfortunately, this is not always the best remedy.  Sinus infection treatment largely depends on the type and frequency of the malady.

In your Kitchen

Sometimes the best treatment for a sinus infection is found in your own kitchen. Going to the doctor and paying for a round of antibiotics is useless, because the cause is not bacterial.  For many individuals, the source of their pain and discomfort is a virus or allergies.
If, after a week of home remedies, you do not feel better, then check with the doctor to determine whether another underlying illness is causing so much pain and discomfort. Start by:

  • Drinking plenty of fluids – a person should drink at least eight glasses of water per day, in order to stay properly hydrated.  Orange juice does not count.  A lot of people do not drink the recommended amount.  It will help the mucus run out of your nose, hopefully taking the infection as well.
  • Steam – sitting over a pot of steaming water, with a towel over your head, is not just something you see in the movies.  It really can help loosen up the gunk in the sinuses.  If you don’t want to bend over the stove, turn the shower to hot and sit in the bathroom.  Roll a towel up under the door, so you essentially create your own sauna. Be sure to open the door or window, and leave the fan on, when you exit the room.  You want the steam to dissipate, and the room to dry out, between sinus treatments.  Otherwise, you can develop a mold problem that will only exacerbate sinus problems.
  • Salt Water – Even for those that have a prescription for antibiotics, the doctor may also recommend and over-the-counter nasal rinse.  If you ask what it is, the solution is actually one quarter teaspoon of salt to one cup warm water.  If you own a bulb syringe, you have all that you need to make it at home.  It helps the nasal passages to drain, and reduces the inflammation.

You can find a whole list of home remedies for sinus infection treatments.  But, these are the main ones.  Of course, you will need the typical pain killers to reduce the pain and discomfort of the illness.
However, if you are an individual that suffers from fungal infections, it can be a serious and sometimes fatal health issue.  Patients who are undergoing therapies for cancer or who already have diseases that compromise immunity should let their physician know right away, if they have a sinus infection.  Here are possible treatments:

  • Endoscopic surgery – if the sinuses have been invaded by fungus, the doctor may have to remove it.  Some types can be very invasive and need to be cleaned out before prescribing further treatment.  So, the first step will likely be some sort of x-rays to determine the extent of the infection.
  • Anti-Fungal – antibiotics will be of no use, if the infection is fungal.  The doctor will prescribe something that will actually kill the fungus, before it has a chance to grow and do any other damage.
  • Finding the source – for individuals that suffer from fungal infections, it is important to find out where they are coming in contact with fungus, especially if this is a recurrent problem.  Is there fungus in the home or the workplace?  While you may thoroughly clean with something to kill fungus, it is probably a good idea to hire a professional to look for it, and help you learn how to keep it from coming back.

When the home treatments do not work, it is time to see a doctor, even if you are otherwise healthy.  You probably came into contact with bacteria and have the type of infection that will respond well to antibiotics.  However, it is important to finish the prescription, even after the symptoms are gone.

Many people make the mistake of throwing the remaining pills away, when they start feeling better.  In many cases, they come down with another sinus infection very soon.  While they felt great, the infection was not totally gone.  Once the sinus infection treatments stop, it has a chance to come back and make life miserable again.

In short, sinus infection treatments depend on the actual cause of the illness.  Viral infections simply have to run their course.  Fungal infections will not respond to antibiotics, unlike bacterial infections.  But, prescribe treatments should be followed to the letter, so another sinus infection won’t pay an unexpected visit in the very near future.

9 comments:

  1. laser hair removal in gurgaon is here to provide you all Laser for hair removal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Never believed i was ever going to be HSV FREE again, DR.Ehiaguna has given me reasons to be happy, i was HSV positive for 2 years and all the means and medicine i tried for treatment was not helpful to me, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR.Ehiaguna on how he was able to cure someone from HSV 2, this person said great things about this man, and advice we contact him for any Disease problem that DR.Ehiaguna can be of help, well i decided to give him a try, he requested for my information which i sent to him, and he told me he was going to prepare for me a healing portion, which he wanted me to take for days, and after which i should go back to the hospital for check up, well after taking all the treatment sent to me by DR.Ehiahuna , i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HSV NEGATIVE, friends you can reach DR.Ehiaguna on any treatment of any Disease cos i saw many testimony of different disease like, HEPATITIS,HIV AIDS,EPILEPSY, CANCER,CFS he is the one only one i can show you all up to, reach him on drehiaguna@gmail.com or whatsApp him now +2348073908953. quick contact him for help and you can just quickly drop your number on your first mail as i did for easily conversation

      Delete
  2. Its all about the sinus infection treatment, and its really great, thanks for it, appreciated.
    best doctor for pilonidal sinus delhi Ncr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good News My People ..I Want To Appreciate Dr OYAKHIRE Herbal Medicine Is A Good Herbal Medicine For( HIV ),I Was Diagnosed With Hiv
    Virus Last Month,And i Looked For Solution To
    Be Cure,Luckily I Saw A Testimonies On How Dr
    OYAKHIRE Cured Hiv Virus,I Decided To Contact Dr OYAKHIRE ,I Contacted Him and He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health,He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly HIV Virus Within 1week, I Am Now Hiv Negative.My Brothers And Sisters I
    know That There Are So Many People That Have
    this Same HIV Virus Please Dr OYAKHIRE is here To Help you too,And please Help Me To Thank Dr OYAKHIRE For Curing Me, I’m Cured By Dr.OYAKHIRE Herbal Medicine,His Contact you can whatapps him on is phone number okay
    here is the number on Whatsapp,
    (+2349039208180 or email droyakhire7@gmail.com
    (1) HIV / AIDS
    (2) CANCER
    (3) HERPES
    (4) DIABETES
    (5) HERPERTITIS B
    (6) HPV
    (7)EX BACK
    (8)Tinnitus
    (9) stroke
    (10) asthma
    (11) fibroid

    ReplyDelete

  5. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how Dr Oseremen cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you Dr Oseremen because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact dr.Oseremenvadi@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2349056394313 he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus.1 HIV cure
    2 cancer
    3 diabetes
    4 hepatitis
    5 herpes.
    You can contact if you are having any problem...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Never believed i was ever going to be HSV FREE again, DR.Ehiaguna has given me reasons to be happy, i was HSV positive for 2 years and all the means and medicine i tried for treatment was not helpful to me, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR.Ehiaguna on how he was able to cure someone from HSV 2, this person said great things about this man, and advice we contact him for any Disease problem that DR.Ehiaguna can be of help, well i decided to give him a try, he requested for my information which i sent to him, and he told me he was going to prepare for me a healing portion, which he wanted me to take for days, and after which i should go back to the hospital for check up, well after taking all the treatment sent to me by DR.Ehiahuna , i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HSV NEGATIVE, friends you can reach DR.Ehiaguna on any treatment of any Disease cos i saw many testimony of different disease like, HEPATITIS,HIV AIDS,EPILEPSY, CANCER,CFS he is the one only one i can show you all up to, reach him on drehiaguna@gmail.com or whatsApp him now +2348073908953. quick contact him for help and you can just quickly drop your number on your first mail as i did for easily conversation

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Never believed i was ever going to be HSV FREE again, DR.Ehiaguna has given me reasons to be happy, i was HSV positive for 2 years and all the means and medicine i tried for treatment was not helpful to me, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR.Ehiaguna on how he was able to cure someone from HSV 2, this person said great things about this man, and advice we contact him for any Disease problem that DR.Ehiaguna can be of help, well i decided to give him a try, he requested for my information which i sent to him, and he told me he was going to prepare for me a healing portion, which he wanted me to take for days, and after which i should go back to the hospital for check up, well after taking all the treatment sent to me by DR.Ehiahuna , i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HSV NEGATIVE, friends you can reach DR.Ehiaguna on any treatment of any Disease cos i saw many testimony of different disease like, HEPATITIS,HIV AIDS,EPILEPSY, CANCER,CFS he is the one only one i can show you all up to, reach him on drehiaguna@gmail.com or whatsApp him now +2348073908953. quick contact him for help and you can just quickly drop your number on your first mail as i did for easily conversation

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES DISEASE
    I'm here to testify about what DR. OSO did for me. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past 5 years and had constant pain,especially inside my body. During the first year,I had faith in God that I would be healed someday. This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of one lady on the internet testifying about a Man called DR. OSO on how he cured her from herpes disease. And she also gave the email address of this man and advised anybody to contact him for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help. so I emailed him telling him about my (HERPES) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well I never believed it, well after all the procedures and remedies given to me by this man a few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as DR. OSO assured me that I will be cured,after some time. I went to my doctor to confirm if I had finally healed Behold, it was TRUE,the test came out negative. So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact DR. OSO for help.

    Email} drosohaberhome@gmail.com 

    WhatsApp /call +2348162084839   

      https://www.facebook.com/drosoherbalhome/ 


    https://sites.google.com/view/drosohaberhome/

    His blog pagehttps://drosohaberhome.blogspot.com  

    you can also email me for more information about DR oso via smithmorgan2777@gmail.com ALL THANK TO DR OSO .  

    ReplyDelete